« Red Pearl Restaurant | Main | Wan's Chinese »

Shangri-La

4500 Montevallo Road, Suite 103B (a block west of the intersection with Oporto Madrid; not far from Century Plaza/Crestwood area)
951-3168
A Bhamdining reader told us Shangri-La has "some of the best Chinese I've had in Alabama. Their hot and sour soup with fresh  mushrooms and shrimp is to die for." Reviews on Yahoo! Travel give it five stars, praising the hot and sour soup, egg drop soup, mu shu pork, crispy duck. One says, "High quality ingredients at fair prices served promptly. Can't ask or expect more from a 'strip mall' dining experience."

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 11:06AM by Registered CommenterDeborah Lockridge in | Comments7 Comments

Reader Comments (7)

GREAT lunch deals, and the best sesame chicken in town.

November 23, 2007 | Unregistered CommenterCam

Big fan of shangri-la for the sit-down chinese experience. The atmosphere and service have always been good and the food quality seems a little better than most buffets and carry-out places.

Too bad my wife doesnt like chinese otherwise Id be there more often.

April 16, 2008 | Unregistered Commenterbg

By far the worst Chinese ever!! I did not know it was possible to screw fried rice up that bad! I got Pepper Steak with onions only off the lunch menu, the smell was so horrible from the bad onions, my husband couldn't finish his food. The chicken wing I got with my lunch had feathers on it!! (The feather had been deep fried while still on the chicken!) The hot and sour soup tasted terrible. It was so bad I left 98% of the food still on my plate when we left. The other 2% was spit out in my napkin. Also, the sweet tea tasted like old tea with a gallon of karo syrup in it. I will NEVER go back.

October 19, 2008 | Unregistered Commenterkam

I will have to agree with the last comment. I live down the street from this place & would have to say everytime I've eaten there (2x) the food haven't been that good. Would not advise to eat there.

February 24, 2009 | Unregistered Commenterqjuinette

We eat here at least twice a week and the food is always good... the egg drop and hot and sour soups are great!! especially for the price. The mongolian beef is also consistently good! beef and shrimp are definately of high quality!

July 10, 2009 | Unregistered Commenterak

This is good food, not great. Eat here several times a month and they do a good job. All the dishes have good flavor and it is what you expect from Chinese. Big menu selection and easy to get too, plenty of free parking. The staff is good and good service. Sizzling rice soup is a fav.

June 19, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterBBQ Addict

Call before you go - they appear to be closed on Saturdays now.

August 7, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterLaura Gallitz

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>