Little Savannah restaurant in Forest Park will begin serving Sunday brunch this weekend, Oct. 19.
"Clif and I have talked about brunch for years, and we decided at the beginning of the summer we would give it the green light," says Maureen Holt, who owns the restaurant with her husband Clif. "We have had lots of comments that guests wished we were open for brunch, so we listened and hope the world loves it! It is my personal favorite meal of all times as well...."
Some of the treats on the brunch menu, according to their web site:
- Natural chicken and anduille sausage gumbo
- "Duroc in a Duvet:" little sauage links deep-fried in beignet batter
- Lump crab cake "Benedict"
- Gulf shrimp and golden grits with crimini mushrooms and smoky bacon vinaigrette
- Beef tenderloin tournedo, sweet potato hash, poached farm egg
- Pan fried Duroc pork chop, chorizo and blue grits souffle, napa cabbage and Cumberland Spur apple coleslaw
- Apple-cinnamon stuffed French toast with smoked sausage and Vermont maple syrup
- For dessert: classic creme brulee, warm local apple crisp, chocolate walnut torte with orange chantilly creme