Two local chefs have been invited to the Beard House kitchen in New York City to prepare a "Best of Birmingham" dinner for the James Beard Foundation.
Anthony Marini (left), chef/owner of Local restaurant and cocktail bar in Vestavia, and Clif Holt, chef/owner at Little Savannah in Forest Park.
The menu will include the following dishes and others (complete menu here), each accompanied by wine chosen by Local's wine director James W. Smith III.
- Barbecued pork belly rillettes with Vidalia onion marmalade
- Fried Appalachicola oysters with wood-smoked mayonnaise
- "Raw, fried and dried" Alabama heirloom tomato salad with black jasmine rice-crusted pork belly
- South Alabama quail with McEwen & Son's blue corn grits, sea beans and muscadine paint
- Hickory and truffle-smoked duck breast with summer corn latte, porcini dust and gold leaf
- Peaches and creme brulee with toasted pecans
The dinner will be Aug. 28 at 7 p.m. The dinner is $125 for James Beard Foundation members and $155 for the general public.