Looking for somewhere to eat this holiday season? If you're like most of us, you probably are, whether it's a quick bite while Christmas shopping or a special get-together with friends. Don't forget you can browse restaurant listings by category through the links in the left-hand column, or you can search the listings (rather than the whole site) on the "Search Listings" page. You can search for a particular area of town, or on words such as "vegetarian" or "brunch."
Making the listings even more valuable are comments from our readers about their experiences at the restaurants listed. Here's a sampling of some of the most recent reader reviews:
- Leonardo's: "The staff is wonderful and the food is even better!"
- Ginza Sushi & Korean BBQ: "... the food and especially the sushi are superb."
- Lucy's Coffee & Tea: "Stop by for the espresso, stay for lunch and, don't forget your brownie!"
- Taj India: "... very disappointed."
- Silver Coin: "I missed my favorite Indian places so much when we moved here from Atlanta 3 years ago - but Silver Coin is as good or better!"
- Cantina Tortilla Grill: "I have dined all over the country in very fine places, and never been refused a glass of tap water."
- Rock House Restaurant: "We have been able to enjoy the great food in a relaxed atmosphere that reminds me of the French Quarter."
- Golden Palace: "I am so glad that this restaurant remains in business with the large Asian buffets nearby."
- Bonedaddy's: While one writer said of the sauce, "I think I am addicted," another said, "everything brought to us was completely cold."
- Tortuga's Homemade Pizza: A couple of Chicago transplants write: "... as good as Geno's East or Lou Malnottis in Chicago," and "Those of you who complain about the wait have obviously never had Chicago style pizza."
- The Melting Pot: "... a really great date restaurant..."
- La Dolce Vita: "The food was good, but ... I was not impressed with the staff."
- Five Points Grill: "Great food -- BEST pizza in Birmingham (seriously)."